Thank you for going the extra mile and serving as team captain for your group! With your support, Britepaths and Lorton Community Action Center are certain to reach their goal of 1,500 participants and 15,000 pounds of food raised! This web page is specifically for you, the team captain.
Ready to register your team?
Click here to register your team. For teams who register after 10/21/17, we will not be able to guarantee the desired t-shirt size. You may register your team up until 11:59pm on Friday, October 27. Walk-ins will be allowed on the day of the event.
Need to add members to your team after you have registered your team? Contact Jennifer Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be able to add (or remove) members of your team and accept payment over the phone for additional team members.
Team Captain's Tool Kit
Here are a few items that will help you publicize Complete the Circle, recruit team members, and generate excitement!
- Videos from previous Complete the Circles: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- List of Most-Needed Pantry Items (Printable PDF)
- Promotional Flyer
- News Items to Include in Newsletters and Bulletins
- Template for the Team Spreadsheet. You will need to use this template to enter all team member names and t-shirt sizes, so that we can have your t-shirts packaged for you for early pick-up. After you have completed the template, please send it to Jennifer Rose at email@example.com.
- Request Sign Up Genius template to customize and circulate to your team by emailing Heather Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want a Team Photo taken during the event? We will begin taking team photos at 12:30pm. If you want to get your team's picture taken, sign up here for one of our time slots.
Important Dates to Keep In Mind
Be sure to register your team by 9/28 in order to ensure that your team name will be listed on the back of the t-shirts and on our event banners and other event signage. You do NOT have to have your full team put together by this deadline - just know that we will not be able to guarantee t-shirt sizes for anyone added after 9/28. Of course, you can register a team after this date, we just won't be able to get your team name on the t-shirt or banners!
Beginning October 21
If you have already submitted your registration fee, you can pick your t-shirt(s) up in advance. Pick-up is at our office (4080 Chain Bridge Rd. 2nd Floor; Fairfax 22030 - Click here for a map/directions). To avoid waiting in line at the event, we HIGHLY encourage you to get your shirt EARLY!
T-Shirt Distribution at Britepaths - Subject to Change - (Click here for Directions to our Office)
- Saturday, October 21: 9am-1pm
- Sunday, October 22: 8am-1pm
- Monday, October 23: 10am-2pm
- Tuesday, October 24: 8:30am-3pm and 5pm-7pm
- Wednesday, October 25: 8:30am - 3pm and 5pm-7pm
- Thursday, October 26: 8:30am - 3pm
- Friday, October 27: 10am-2pm
- Saturday, October 28: 10am-5pm
In addition to the above times, you can also pick up your t-shirts at the event on the 29th.
Online registration ends at 11:59pm. Walk-ins will be accepted the day of the event.
Complete the Circle has arrived! The event will start at 1pm with music by Cancer Can Rock and children's activities as well as some educational opportunities to learn more about hunger in Fairfax County. The activities will build up to creating the image, shooting the photo, and carrying the food to the truck. All festivities will be concluded by 2:30pm.
Whether you have a large group or a small one, be sure to bring a LARGE POSTER BOARD SIZED sign with your team name to the event so that your group can find you! Plus, it will make it easier for us to give your group a proper "shout out" during the event.
For More Information or Inquiries about Complete the Circle:
- Food Pantry Donations: Mila Cobos, Operations Administrator email@example.com or 703.273.8829, ext. 661
- Event Sponsorships and Host Committee Memberships for Britepaths: Jennifer Rose, Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.273.8829, ext. 555
- Event Sponsorships for LCAC: Linda Patterson, Executive Director at linda@LortonAction.org or 703.339.5161, ext. 140
- Participants and Congregations: Jennifer Rose, Development Manager at email@example.com or 703.273.8829, ext. 555