Britepaths Seeks SNAP/EBT Coordinator/Intern for Annandale Farmers Market
Click Here for Printable Description
Background Information: Would you like to learn about local food systems while helping provide local and fresh food to low-income community members? Volunteer with Britepaths as our SNAP/EBT Coordinator! Britepaths is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as the EBT Coordinator at the Annandale Farmers Market. This unpaid volunteer position will provide support for the new Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) program at the Market (located at Mason District Park, 6621 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA). The EBT program will allow individuals to utilize their Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits (formerly known as food stamps) at the Market to purchase eligible items, including fresh fruits and vegetables.
Position Description: This is an unpaid, part-time position, which requires a minimum of 12 hours of work per month – Thursdays 7:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. The EBT Coordinator is responsible for providing support for the planning, design, and implementation of the EBT program throughout the Farmers’ Market season, May 7-November 5, 2020, and performing related administrative tasks and outreach activities.
- Understand Annandale Farmers’ Market token exchange process, guidelines, and requirements for the implementation of the SNAP matching program and be able to accurately communicate information about those programs to market vendors and diverse customers.
- Operate the SNAP terminal and dispense SNAP tokens according to established procedures.
- Manage and take responsibility for accuracy of paperwork, tracking, and before and aftermarket accounting associated with the token system according to established procedures.
- Maintain adequate levels of all supplies for operating the token system including paper scrip, POS paper rolls, promotional materials, charged batteries, etc.
- Assist in setting up the information booth tent, table, and signs. All items will be stored on-site at the designated location.
- Provide general customer services, such as answering questions about the SNAP program and helping customers in search of specific vendors or products.
- EBT outreach, advertising, and promotion.
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Strong customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to work in an environment requiring flexibility, responsiveness, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- An interest/passion in farmers' markets, local economic development, and place-making.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Work Schedule: The EBT program will be offered at the Annandale Farmers’ Market season May 7-November 5, 2020, Thursday, 7:00am – 1:00 pm. interested applicants should be willing to commit to a regular schedule of 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should email a brief resume to Shefali Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org