Update: March 24: Britepaths' Office and FEC at South County are closed to the public. Staff is largely working remotely. We are no longer accepting pantry donations. Office visits by appointment only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions and do not have a staff email contact.
Based on public health guidelines and the need to protect our clients, staff and supporters, Britepaths will be practicing social distancing. Our office is closed to the public and staff will largely be working remotely. We ask that our volunteers practice social distancing as well, by not coming into the office, meeting with mentees electronically or by phone, etc. Financial Empowerment Center at South County is offering services by phone or online only (more info below).
Much of our work will now shift to assisting our clients, who may be in crisis as a result of school closings and other shut-downs. If you'd like to donate to help us assist families in crisis, click here.
Many Financial Literacy, Workforce Development and related services are now available by phone or internet.
Click Here for Virtual Services and Workshops
Updates On Services, Classes and Events:
As of March 13, 2020, The Financial Empowerment Center at South County is still offering services, but almost exclusively via phone/internet until further notice. Call 703.704.6101 or email info@FECSoCo.org. Click Here for services and workshops.
Artful Living, scheduled for April 23, has been cancelled so we can focus on assisting our families.
Financial Literacy Program: Free Financial Coaching/Counseling is available via phone or internet through the FEC at South County. Click Here for this and many other Virtual Services/Workshops. New Volunteer Orientation and Volunteer Roundtable sessions are postponed TBD. Our March 23 Financial Counseling Clinic in Chantilly is cancelled. Status of April Clinics in Alexandria and Chantilly to be determined.
Workforce Development/Job Readiness: Free, confidential consulting to help you refresh your resume, polish your interviewing skills and more via phone/email. If you live in Alexandria, Burke, Lorton or Springfield, contact Sally Meyer at email@example.com; for all other areas of Fairfax County contact Jill Beres at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Here for Information.
Additional Information for Clients, Volunteers and Supporters
We are encouraging our staff, volunteers and anyone who needs to come in to Britepaths' office or the FEC at South County, or work with our clients off-site, to follow these basic guidelines:
- If you are feeling ill or are having symptoms, as described by the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html), please do not come in to the office. While we all often try to be active through illnesses, it’s important that you stay home and take care of yourself. Please email your Britepaths contact if you are feeling sick.
- We can all work together to prevent the spread of germs. Please wash your hands frequently and try to avoid touching your face.
- Click Here for a Fact Sheet we've compiled using the best available information from official resources.
- Click Here for Health Updates from Fairfax County.
- Click Here for a wealth of Fairfax County COVID-19-related resources via Board of Supervisors Chairman Jeff McKay. Sign Up for email updates.
- Please refer to reputable medical sources like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Health Organization for updated, accurate information about coronavirus and necessary precautions.