Did You Know? 80% of jobs are filled through networking.
Developing a strong network is key to accessing the "hidden" job market.
Britepaths' Network Up is a short-term mentoring opportunity that pairs under- or un-employed women and men with a mentor who is a professional in their mentee’s desired job sector. The mentor and mentee meet two to five times over a two-month period at an area coffee shop or other casual environment that fosters rapport. During these meetings, the mentor and mentee engage in career conversations focused on issues commonly faced by individuals attempting to enter or re-enter the job market, such as professional networking; job interviewing; and career planning.
Network Up is NOT a job placement program. Rather, the goal is to increase a mentee’s professional network.
Are You Eligible to be a Network Up Mentee?
Do you have…?
- A resume
- Specific career goals and/or desired job sector identified
- A minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills, reliable Internet access and a professional-looking email address
- A professional demeanor and positive attitude
Are You Eligible to Be a Network Up Mentor?
- An established professional living in the Northern Virginia area
- Looking for an opportunity to become involved in your community that doesn’t require a long-term time commitment
- Interested in helping people develop their professional goals and networking connections
- Willing to use your expertise and knowledge to help someone advance their career
We are also seeking to partner with cafes throughout Northern Virginia willing to provide gift certificates/vouchers for coffee.
Click Here for more information on joining the Network Up program as a Mentee or Mentor.
Questions? Contact Jill Beres at email@example.com or 703.273.8829 ext. 102.