Coronavirus Response: Britepaths and Financial Empowerment Center at South County's Offices are Closed to the Public. While many of our services have continued virtually, we are not currently collecting donated items such as food, pantry donations or Food4Thought packs.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Britepaths! We currently have a few virtual/non-contact volunteer needs listed below. We will add more volunteer opportunities as they arise.
We are still working hard to provide Stability and Resilience services to our families and Supports for Children. The best way to support our work right now is to help your friends and family learn about us and our work in the community. Share our messages and note your support:
- Follow us and share our messages on social media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Subscribe to receive email updates: Click Here
Questions? Please contact Dorothy Altmiller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.273.8829.
- MLK Day Awareness Project: Britepaths and FECSoCo's Budget Bean Game builds awareness about Martin Luther King Jr.'s economic justice advocacy and the struggles some of our Northern Virginia neighbors face. Best for ages 12+. Click Here for instruction video and resources.
- MLK Day: Food4Thought: Rotary NXT Club of West Springfield is collecting Food4Thought packs on Jan. 18 to distribute to some of our Partner Schools and community partners. Click Here for details and contact information (Britepaths is not directly involved in the organization or running of this project)
- Service Project: Food Gift Card Drive: Through your neighborhood, business or community group, collect grocery store gift cards that will go directly to families who are struggling due to the pandemic. Click Here for details.
- Network Up Short-Term Career Mentoring for under- or un-employeed adults. Professionals with a network in Northern Virginia/DC Metor area needed to serve as Mentors. This opportunity normally involves meeting in person, but can be done via video conferencing during COVID-19. Click Here for details. Contact Sally Meyer at email@example.com to learn more.
- Food Bridge Supporting Organizations (for a company or group). Normally, our Supporting Organizations sign up for a Sunday or two on our Delivery Calendar and either send grocery store gift cards to up to 30 families or deliver them a combination of gift cards and food/supplies. During COVID-19, Supporting Organizations are mailing grocery gift cards to our clients or donating funds to Britepaths so we can purchase or mail gift cards. We still have MANY holes in our calendar for the remainder of the year. Click Here for details. Contact Christina Garris at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.