Please Note: Closed At End of December: Britepaths and the Financial Empowerment Center at South County's Offices will be Closed on December 24 through 31. We will reopen on January 3, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Britepaths! The success of our programs relies heavily on volunteer support. In 2020, 362 volunteers served 6,227 hours to assist our staff and provide mentoring, training and other supports to our families. Their time is valued at $266,992.
Due to COVID-19, we are not able to offer many of our traditional volunteer opportunities, and some of them have been modified to conform with safety protocols.
We are still working hard to provide Stability and Resilience services to our families and Supports for Children. In addition to the opportunities below, a great way to support our work right now is to help your friends and family learn about us and our work in the community. Share our messages and note your support:
- Watch our #GivingTuesday interview on Fox 5 DC: Click Here
- Follow us and share our messages on social media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Subscribe to receive email updates: Click Here
Questions? Please contact Sidney Arrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.273.8829.
- Urgent Need for Pantry Donations! See our Food Donation page for details.
- Help Local Families in Need for the Holidays. Donations needed to assist 500 local families in need with holiday meals and gifts. Click Here
- Network Up Short-Term Career Mentoring for under- or un-employed adults. Professionals with a network in Northern Virginia/DC Metro area needed to serve as Mentors. This opportunity normally involves meeting in person, but can be done via video conferencing during COVID-19. Click Here for details. Contact Sally Meyer at email@example.com to learn more.
- Service Project: Food4Thought Weekend Food Packs Some of our Food4Thought FCPS Partner Schools have resumed accepting food donations for their students. Assembling Weekend Food Packs is a great volunteer project. Requires collecting/donating the items that go in the packs. Click Here for details. Contact Sidney Arrington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Service Project: Food Gift Card Drive Through your neighborhood, business or community group, collect grocery store gift cards that will go directly to families who are struggling due to the pandemic. Click Here for details. Contact Sidney Arrington at email@example.com.
- Food Bridge Supporting Organizations (for a company or group). Normally, our Supporting Organizations sign up for a Sunday or two on our Delivery Calendar and either send grocery store gift cards to up to 30 families or deliver them a combination of gift cards and food/supplies. During COVID-19, Supporting Organizations are mailing grocery gift cards to our clients or donating funds to Britepaths so we can purchase or mail gift cards. We still have MANY holes in our calendar for this year. Click Here for details. Contact Christina Garris at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.