A program Newsletter is published four times a year. The newsletter is written and edited by a Naomi volunteer. The newsletter has developed into a vehicle for volunteer communication and for spreading information about the program to the health care community.
Publicity about the Naomi Project is disseminated to the community at large through newspaper articles, church bulletins, community newsletters, parenting magazines, radio station announcements, etc.
Recognition By The Community
- In 1998 the Naomi Project was one of six local recipients of the JC Penney Golden Rule Award for volunteer service to the community. A check in the amount of $1000.00 was awarded to the Naomi Project.
- In 1999 the Naomi Project was chosen to receive the Fairfax County Volunteer Service Award for an Adult Volunteer Group in Human Services.
- For 2002 expenses, The Closet in Herndon awarded $5000 to the Naomi Project.
- In 2004, the Naomi Project was supported by private donations from the community, gifts from local churches and by a $2000 grant from the Nancy and Jorge Kfoury Foundation.
- In 2005, the Virginia Council of Churches awarded the Naomi Project its Faith in Action Award, which recognizes persons or groups who exemplify personal faith commitment and who build bridges that make human community possible.
- In 2006, the Naomi Project received the Nice Guys Award in the Organization category from Acacia Federal Savings Bank. The award included a $3000 grant and a trophy constituting a glass globe of the world following their theme of "Change Your World". The Naomi Project is indeed proud to receive this award as there were many worthy organizations nominated.
- In 2007, donations were received from various organizations and private individuals. We are particularly moved by the generosity of one family which has supported the program for the last seven years.
- In 2008, St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church designated the Naomi Project as the recipient of its Sunday tithing donations for the weekend of February 17.
- In 2009 and 2010, the Naomi Project was honored to receive continued support from a global corporation with an office in Ashburn, Va., from the St. John Neumann Church Mothers' Group, and from a very generous, local family.
- In 2011, The Closet in Herndon awarded $1000 to the Naomi Project. In addition, we have continued to receive for the last twelve years the generous support of a local family. Also, this is the fifth year we have received support from a global corporation located in Ashburn. Moreover, there has been support from other local donors.
- Independent Project Analysis, Inc., generously gave NP $500, having nominated our organization for a gift three years in a row. The company provides consulting in project evaluation.