Britepaths' Food Bridge Program provides regular deliveries of food and/or grocery gift cards to 30 families in the Fairfax County area for approximately four months while they work to overcome a financial crisis. We also assist approximately 300 families per year with emergency food when their cupboards are bare. Many of the families we serve are working hard but struggling to make ends meet in our expensive area. Often they tell us that they never expected to have to seek assistance to feed their families.
Can You Help Our Food Bridge Families?
Our greatest need is grocery gift cards to help our families purchase fresh foods that meet their children's dietary needs. Many of our families also receive financial education through Britepaths, and grocery cards help put the budgeting skills they are learning to work.
- Donate Now to help us purchase grocery gift cards at a bulk discount. All funds donated on this secure page will provide grocery cards to local families to help fill gaps in our food delivery calendar, assist those who are on the waitlist for our delivered food program and provide emergency assistance. You may also mail a check made payable to "Britepaths" to Britepaths, 3959 Pender Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030. Be sure to write "Food Bridge" in the memo line. Donation Form (MS Word) (PDF)
- Run a Food/Grocery Gift Card Drive. This is a wonderful group volunteer project that makes a huge difference for our families.
- Be a Food Bridge Supporting Organization. We need local organizations to collect and deliver grocery cards and food to 30 of our Food Bridge families each Sunday. If you're interested in learning how your organization can be a Food Bridge Supporter once or twice a year, contact Christina Garris.
Donate to Our Pantry
NOTE: Britepaths is Closed Mon., Dec. 23, 2019 through Wed., Jan. 1, 2020. Staffing may be light on Jan. 2 & 3, so please call ahead.
Our address: 3959 Pender Drive, Suite 200, Fairfax, VA 22030; Phone: 703.273.8829
Our pantry is in our office in Fairfax near Rte. 50/66. We generally accept donations on weekdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Directions to Our Office. It is always a good idea to call ahead. Contact Christina Garris at 703.273.8829 if you would like to deliver pantry donations or grocery cards.
Another Option: Order most-needed items through our Amazon Wish List, and they will be delivered straight to our pantry! E-mail email@example.com with questions. Ordering through Amazon? Log in via our Amazon Smile page, and you'll help even more – for this, and any Amazon purchases you make!
- Apple sauce
- Canned tuna and chicken
- Cereal (healthy types with less sugar, please!)
- Cooking oil
- Dried beans
- Oatmeal in canisters
- Parmesan cheese (shelf-stable)
- Pasta sauce
- Pancake mix and Syrup
- Snacks -- healthy foods such as crackers, pretzels, popcorn and granola/cereal bars.
- All-purpose cleaners/general cleaning supplies
- Body wash
- Clorox wipes
For hygiene products and toiletries, full-size (versus travel size) products are preferred.
- Paper towels/toilet paper
- Cleaning supplies
- Toothpaste/tooth brushes
NOTE: We cannot use items that have been opened, cans that are dented or ANY food that is past its expiration date.