Britepaths' Food Bridge Program provides bi-weekly deliveries of food and/or grocery gift cards to 60 families in the Fairfax County area for approximately four months while they work to overcome a financial crisis. We also assist approximately 300 families per year with emergency food when their cupboards are bare. Many of the families we serve are working hard but struggling to make ends meet in our expensive area. Often they tell us that they never expected to have to seek assistance to feed their families.
Thank You for Helping Our Families Re-Stock the Fridge! Read the Story
Urgent Pantry Needs:
Great News! We put out the word on 3/15 that we had some urgent pantry needs. Then we got a huge unexpected donation on 3/16. We were able to get most of our greatly needed items. We still need Diapers size 6 and Pull Ups (any size).
See Below for More Info
Can You Help Our Food Bridge Families?
Our greatest need is grocery gift cards to help our families purchase fresh foods that meet their children's dietary needs. Many of our families also receive financial education through Britepaths, and grocery cards help put the budgeting skills they are learning to work.
- Donate Now to help us purchase grocery cards at a bulk discount. All funds donated on this secure page will provide grocery cards to local families to help fill gaps in our food delivery calendar, assist those who are on the waitlist for our delivered food program and provide emergency assistance. You may also mail a check made payable to "Britepaths" to Britepaths, 4080 Chain Bridge Road, 2nd Floor, Fairfax, VA 22030. Be sure to write "Food Bridge" in the memo line. Printable receipt for your records: (MS Word) (PDF)
- Run a Food/Grocery Gift Card Drive. This is a wonderful group volunteer project that makes a huge difference for our families.
- Be a Food Bridge Supporting Organization. We need local organizations to collect and deliver grocery cards and food to 30 of our Food Bridge families each Sunday. If you're interested in learning how your organization can be a Food Bridge Supporter once or twice a year, contact Christina Garris.
Urgent Pantry Donation Needs!
Our pantry is at our office in Fairfax City. We generally accept donations on weekdays between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Directions to Our Office. It is always a good idea to call ahead. Contact Christina Garris at 703.273.8829 if you would like to deliver pantry donations or grocery cards.
Another Option: Order most-needed items through our Amazon Wish List, and they will be delivered straight to our pantry! E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Ordering through Amazon? Log in via our Amazon Smile page, and you'll help even more – for this, and any Amazon purchases you make!
Urgent Food Needs
- Diapers, size 6
- Pull ups, any size
Non-Food Items, Ongoing Needs (These items are difficult to get donated)
For hygiene products and toiletries, full-size (versus travel size) products are preferred.
We can always use:
- Bars of soap/body wash
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Laundry detergent
- Household cleaning supplies
- Diapers size 6
- Pull-ups for toddlers, any size
NOTE: We cannot use items that have been opened, cans that are dented or ANY food that is past its expiration date.