New This Year! PLEASE READ: Sponsors will deliver food and gifts for the families to the school social worker in order to protect the families' and sponsors' privacy.
General Guidelines for Spending on Meals:
- Singles: $25
- Family of 2-3: $50
- Family of 4-6: $75
- Family of 7 or more: $100
Food Basket Suggestions
(Families Also Welcome Grocery Store Gift Cards)
- A sturdy basket/box such as a plastic crate, laundry basket, storage container, or heavy duty cardboard box
- A grocery store gift card to purchase the main course
- Celery, onions, potatoes (white/sweet)
- Apples, oranges, or other hardy fruit
- Rolls or bread mix
- Stuffing- box/bag
- Cranberry sauce
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Pie mix and filling, crackers, cookies
- Baby food if there are babies in the family
- Any other goodies you think children might enjoy, such as macaroni and cheese
- Apple juice or other fruit juices
- Shelf stable milk
Gift Suggestions (for Children 18 and Under)
- For children: an educational item (e.g., a book, puzzle), a fun item, and a warm clothing item.
- For teenagers: a gift or gift certificate to Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy or local shopping mall.
- Suggested spending limit: $25-$30 per child.
Questions? Contact Joanne Walton at email@example.com or 703.273.8829.