Help and Hope for the Holidays
We are so grateful to everyone who supported our 2021 Holiday Program, helping local families in need enjoy festive Thanksgiving and December holiday meals and gifts for their children. Thank you to all who donated funds and gift cards so we could provide gift cards to 500 families with identified need whose children attend our Fairfax County Public Schools partner schools in the Fairfax HS and Justice HS pyramids.
Our families are so grateful for this help, and we are too! One grateful mom said, “Please say thank you to the nice people who are helping our families, we really needed this.” See below for more thank yous, photos and stories from the Holiday Program.
In the News! Thank you to the Fairfax Connection and Supervisor James Walkinshaw’s Braddock Beacon for spreading the word about our Holiday Program.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
American Legion Post 177 in Fairfax
Peterson Family Foundation
Walmart Store #2015 in Fair Lakes
Walmart Store #5880 in Fairfax
Thank Yous from Our Families
We received numerous emails and notes from families who received assistance. Some families sent us photos of their food and purchases, and another family sent a Thank You card (below). Here are some of the notes of thanks:
- “Thank you for your assistance. It was very helpful to my family. Thank you for your kind hearts.”
- “I am very thankful for the gift card you gave me thourgh my child’s school. With it, I was able to buy lots of essential items for my family.”
- “Please say thank you to the nice people who are helping our families, we really needed this. ”
- “Thank you so much for supporting our family. Things have been very difficult especially during Covid, as my husband was laid off.”
- “For me, I know this will help a single parent, single income house buy food and gifts for the holidays. I know this will give me the ability to get some items that I may have skipped over, due to limited funds. If I budget correctly and watch for sales, this will go a long way and bring lots of smiles to my little ones’ faces. I appreciate the ability to buy the exact needs for my family.”