Service Project: Grocery Store Gift Card or Food Drive
Can YOU Help Feed Families In Need?
We have a great ongoing need for donations of gift cards to major local grocery stores in denominations of $25. Suggested stores include Giant Food, Safeway and Aldi. Since we’re mailing out gift cards, it is most helpful to have higher denominations if possible (eg. $50, $100), but any size gift card will help. Cash donations are also greatly appreciated to help us purchase gift cards with the bulk discounts we receive.
Individuals or community members can help our families safely by asking friends, neighbors and group members to donate gift cards. When the project leader has collected all donations, the project leader should arrange in advance to bring them to Britepaths, and a staff member will meet the project leader outside our building to collect the donations.
- Put out the word via email or social media to your family, friends, neighbors, group members, etc. that you’re collecting grocery store gift cards in $25 denominations to help Britepaths’ families.
- If you tag us on social media, we’ll share! @britepaths on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, @britepathsfx on Instagram.
- When you’ve collected the gift cards, use the contact information below to arrange the delivery. We’ll meet you at your car/in our building parking lot at the agreed-upon time.
- Our office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 10a-2p, but this can vary sometimes. We cannot promise to be available to receive your donation if we don’t know in advance that it’s coming.
Collect Food and Supplies for Our Pantry
We have recently reopened our Food Pantry, and are working to fill it so we can distribute emergency food and supplies to our families in addition to grocery store gift cards. If you would like to run a drive for our most-needed food and supplies within your neighborhood or organization, we would greatly appreciate that support. See our Donate Food page for a list of needs and delivery information. You might also encourage people to order via our Amazon Wish List. Please Note: We are not recommending running food drives at grocery stores at this time.
We Also Greatly Welcome Funds Toward the Purchase of Gift Cards
- Donate Online (write “Food” in the donor comments)
- Mail a check to Britepaths at our address above; write “Food” in the memo line.
- Run a Virtual Campaign: Create a personalized fundraising page that is easy to customize and fun to use. Share the link widely with your personal network. The setup takes 2 minutes, and ALL funds raised will feed families in need if you tell us that’s the purpose. Click Here to get started.
- Donate/Fundraise via your Facebook or Instagram: Donate via our Facebook or Instagram profiles, run a Facebook Fundraiser, or include our Donate feature in a Facebook post or Instagram post or story.
3959 Pender Drive, Suite 200
Fairfax, VA 22030
Sidney Arrington, Outreach Manager