Food Pantry Volunteer
Britepaths’ Food Assistance Programs provide emergency and short-term food assistance to Fairfax County area residents who are struggling to make ends meet – helping them bridge the gap while they recover from a crisis.
We are seeking a Food Pantry Volunteer to support the Office Administrator with various food program duties. The volunteer will work in the Fairfax office 2-4 hours per week or as needed. The work schedule is flexible, but core hours are from 10 am-2 pm. Fully vaccinated and reliable transportation is a must for this position.
Ideal candidates will have strong communication abilities: bilingual in Spanish is preferred. Must be self-motivated, innovative, have excellent organizational and planning skills, and collaborate easily with diverse groups. Interpersonal skills are essential.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Assist with weighing and stocking panty donations. Must be able to lift 20 LBS.
- Assist with packing grocery food bags for clients.
- Assist with food survey phone calls.
- Assist with Our Daily Veggie farmers market program.
- Assist with grocery gift card mailing.
Contact Sidney Arrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.273.8829 to volunteer or learn more.