Click Here for Printable Flyer (PDF)
EVENT PLANNING COMMITTEE MEMBERS
You’re the event planning extraordinaire! Use your talent for good. Join our event planning committee to help plan annual fundraising events. Great way to fulfill any event planning certificate requirements.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Be part of a highly talented and incredibly generous eventplanning team that plans the annual fundraisers for Britepaths.
- Help plan 1 or more of the 3 annual events hosted by Britepaths.
- Attend meetings as needed to brainstorm ideas and create action items.
- Request donations of auction packages or items as needed for events.
- Coordinate with vendors to include caterers, photography, entertainment, sponsors,marketing materials and more.
- Attend events to help with registration, set up, auction monitor, and break down.
- Help create event websites using Give Smart.
WHAT DOES BRITEPATHS DO?
For 35 years, Britepaths has been a dedicated leader in developing sustainable solutions that stabilize low-income working families, build resilience through financial literacy and mentoring, and provide supports for children. We have helped over 7,000 households who are struggling to make ends meet in Fairfax County.
OTHER DUTIES TO BE EXPECTED
- Attend regular meetings; can be bi-monthly or weekly as needed. Can occur in-personor by conference call.
- Assist in securing event sponsorships, in-kind donations and auction donations.
- Provide periodic progress reports to Director of Development.
- Promote events; create theme, graphics and memes for website and social media.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Assist with managing set-up, on-site production and clean-up for day of event.
- Assist in preparing signage, materials, registration lists, nametags, etc.
- If available, provide support on the day of the event through service.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
To join the committee, contact Shefali Ryan at email@example.com.
Volunteers needed immediately, and may start at any time of the year.