Britepaths’ Workforce Development Program helps job seekers navigate the job search process and find meaningful employment. The program is designed to work with under- or un-employed men and women in an individualized and coordinated way to ensure that all of their workforce development needs are met. The types of workforce development support and assistance available to clients include:
- Job and career identification and planning.
- Referrals to educational, job training, or professional certification programs, if needed.
- Resume review.
- Workshops focused on career development and job search strategies.
- Professional and social networking guidance and invitation to events.
- Financial literacy and budgeting workshops or coaching, if needed.
- Participation in Network Up, a short-term mentoring program that pairs job seekers with a professional in their desired job sector.
Who Can Participate in the Workforce Development Program?
- Must live in Fairfax County;
- Must be motivated to focus on workforce development, open to financial literacy education, and willing to establish job and life skills that will lead to self-sufficiency;
- Must have a high school diploma or GED;
- Must have basic computer skills, and regular access to email; and
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Refer a Client or Yourself to the Workforce Development Program: Referral Form: (MS Word) (PDF)
- Read the Britepaths’ Workforce Development Fact Sheet: (PDF)
- Donate Your Time or Special Skills: Your time, experience, creative talents, and special skills are very useful to job seekers. We especially need professionals who can review and offer input on resumes.
- If you or your client live in Fairfax County contact: Jill Beres, Workforce Development Manager, email@example.com; Phone: 703.273.8829.
- If you or your client live in Alexandria or near the Route 1 corridor contact: Sally Meyer, FECSoCo Workforce Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 703.704.6101. Please call to make a Workforce Development appointment or Schedule On-Line.