Did You Know? 80% of jobs are filled through networking.
Developing a strong network is key to accessing the "hidden" job market.
Network Up© is a short-term mentoring opportunity offered by Britepaths and the Financial Empowerment Center at South County that pairs under- or unemployed women and men in Northern Virginia with a mentor who is a professional in their mentee’s desired job sector. The mentor and mentee traditionally meet in person two to five times for conversations using a virtual chat platform to foster rapport.
During these meetings, the mentor and mentee engage in career conversations focused on issues commonly faced by individuals attempting to enter or re-enter the job market, such as professional networking; job interviewing; and career planning.
Network Up is NOT a job placement program. Rather, the goal is to increase a mentee’s professional network.
Are You Eligible to be a Network Up Mentee?
Do you have…?
- Specific career goals and/or desired job sector identified
- A minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills, reliable Internet access and a professional-looking email address
- A professional demeanor and positive attitude
Are You Eligible to Be a Network Up Mentor?
- An established professional living in the Northern Virginia area
- Looking for an opportunity to become involved in your community that doesn’t require a long-term time commitment
- Interested in helping people develop their professional goals and networking connections
- Willing to use your expertise and knowledge to help someone advance their career
Due to the pandemic, Network Up mentoring is being conducted virtually until further notice.
- Receive Mentoring Support: Read the Flyer (PDF)
- Be a Mentor: Click Here or Read the Flyer (PDF)
Workforce Development Coaching
Avenues to Career Training IT & Healthcare
Personal Finances, Small Business & More:
Financial Coaching and Mentoring
Financial Empowerment Center at South County