Free Financial Empowerment Opportunities for You!
Britepaths provides many free personal finance learning opportunities to gain the skills necessary to manage your household finances. Our target audience is low to moderate income working adults. However, our Financial Literacy offerings are open to all Northern Virginia and Greater Washington DC area residents.
If you want to learn about budgeting, savings, paying down debt, how to improve your credit score, basics of investing, etc., we are here to help!
How do we provide these free opportunities?
Our Financial Empowerment programs are volunteer-driven and have demonstrated an 80% success rate in improving clients’ financial literacy habits. Through a partnership with the United Way of the National Capital Area and Fairfax County, we manage the Financial Empowerment Center at South County (FECSoCo), based in Alexandria. Other programs are funded by the Foundation for Financial Planning, Fairfax County, and others.
Until Further Notice, our services are offered virtually, via Zoom or another similar platform.
Our Free, Virtual Services:
- Financial Coaching – Meet for an hour with a trained volunteer to discuss your financial questions, get help with building a budget, pull and review your credit report, etc. You may schedule as many sessions as you need.
- Financial Workshops – We have various classes on different financial topics. Our calendar is constantly being updated with more offerings.
- Financial Mentoring – Work with a dedicated trained volunteer for six months or more on your financial goals. The volunteer is there to guide you and teach you skills pertinent to your life!
- Credit Report Review Clinics – work with a volunteer to pull your free credit report and analyze it for steps you can take to improve your score.
- For a free Financial Coaching session, sign up online, call 703.704.6101 or email info@FECSoCo.org.
- To join a a workshop, visit the FEC calendar and choose the classes you are interested in. Sign up online or call 703.704.6101.
- To enroll in the Financial Mentoring Program, the first step is to have at least one Financial Coaching session. Afterward, a staff member will interview you for the program. The requirements include working 30+ hours a week, and a strong desire to improve your financial situation.
- To attend a Credit Report Review Clinic, register here.
Additionally, Britepaths and FECSoCo offer many other free services, including tax preparation, small business coaching, consumer legal advice and much more. Please bookmark the FEC services page and check back frequently!
Hope to meet you soon!