Click Here to View Free Video
Receiving Your Economic Impact Payment from the 2020 CARES Act
If you filed a tax return for 2018 or 2019 OR Receive Social Security Benefits:
If you have direct deposit set up, you don't need to do anything at this time!
Eligible taxpayers who filed tax returns for either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit of their refund will automatically receive an Economic Impact Payment of up to $1,200 for individuals or $2,400 for married couples and $500 for each qualifying child.
Individuals who receive Social Security retirement or disability benefits, SSDI or who receive Railroad Retirement benefits, but did not file a return for 2019 or 2018 will automatically receive a payment in the near future.
If you do not have direct deposit set up or need to update:
Visit Get My Payment (Click Here), where you can :
• Check your payment status,
• Confirm if you want a check or direct deposit, and
• Enter your bank or credit union information (routing number and account number)
Don't have a bank account? Find a safe, affordable option that meets national BankOn Standards (Click Here)
Direct deposit is the fastest way to receive payment! Paper checks could take up to 4 months.
If you did NOT file a tax return AND Do not receive Social Security benefits:
Go to this IRS web page (Click Here)
You must provide the following information:
• Full name, current mailing address and an email address
• Date of birth and valid Social Security number
• Bank account number, type and routing number, if you have one
• Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year, if you have one
• Driver’s license or state-issued ID, if you have one
• For each qualifying child: name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number and their relationship to you or your spouse
Britepaths and the Financial Empowerment Center at South County are Here to Help!
Click Here for more free resources