COVID Response UPDATE:
Britepaths' offices are closed to the public until further notice, and our services are currently being offered virtually.
Britepaths' Financial Literacy Program and our work at the Financial Empowerment Center at South County (FECSoCo) are possible because of the dedication of our volunteers! Volunteer positions include Financial Mentors who work one-on-one with clients for six months or more, Financial Literacy Class Instructors, Financial Coaches at the FEC, Financial Planners for our Financial Counseling Clinic and professionals such as lawyers who offer pro-bono advice and counsel as needed.
Britepaths provides training, support and all the tools volunteers need to help individuals and families in the Fairfax County area better manage their finances and achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
View Flyer (PDF)
Our Current Volunteer Needs Include (all provided virtually):
- Spanish-speaking Budget Class Instructors and Financial Mentors
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred) Financial Coaches at the Financial Empowerment Center at South County in Alexandria
- Certified Financial Planners, English only or bilingual
Note: We have suspended group training. We will provide one-on-one volunteer training if you speak Spanish and are ready to volunteer or are a CFP®. You must have a solid financial background and strong interest in teaching financial education either in a group or individual setting. If so, please contact Martha Borowski at email@example.com or Carole Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Literacy Volunteer Roundtables
Prospective mentors must attend a Financial Literacy Volunteer Roundtable. New and experienced mentors and coaches share best practices, challenges and advice. Often, a guest will provide a presentation on a topic pertinent to the challenges many of our clients face. Roundtables are usually held quarterly.
The next Financial Literacy Virtual Volunteer Roundtable will be held on:
- Tuesday, August 11, 6:30-7:30p -- Via Zoom
RSVP to Martha Borowski at email@example.com for login information.
Financial Literacy Volunteer Forms:
NOTE: Please attend a training session first before completing the following documents
- Volunteer Application Mentor/Coach/Instructor Application Form: (MS WORD) (PDF)
- Virginia Background Check: SP167 VA State Pol backgd check (PDF) (Print Page 1 only, fill out name and address at top. Britepaths will submit the form and pay for processing)
- Disclosure Statement: (MS WORD) (PDF)
- Pledge of Confidentiality: (MS WORD) (PDF)
- Photography/Video Release: (MS WORD) (PDF)
- Mentor Questionnaire (for prospective Mentors only): (MS WORD) (PDF)