Britepaths' Financial Literacy Program and our work at the Financial Empowerment Center at South County (FEC) are possible because of the dedication of our volunteers! Volunteer positions include Financial Mentors who work one-on-one with clients for six months or more, Financial Literacy Class Instructors, Financial Coaches at the FEC, Financial Planners for our Financial Counseling Clinic and professionals such as lawyers who offer pro-bono advice and counsel as needed.
Britepaths provides training, support and all the tools volunteers need to help individuals and families in the Fairfax County area better manage their finances and achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
View Flyer (PDF)
Our Current Volunteer Needs Include:
- Financial Mentors and Bilingual Budget Class Instructors: Urgent Need for Mentors: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Coaches at the Financial Empowerment Center at South County in Alexandria
- Financial Planners who are able to volunteer at our Financial Counseling Clinics in Alexandria
If you are interested in becoming a Financial Literacy volunteer, you must register to attend one of the following training sessions. To register, please contact Carole Rogers at email@example.com or 703.273.8829, ext. 331.
New Financial Literacy Volunteer Mentor, Financial Coach and Instructor Training
Prospective Mentors or Financial Coaches and Instructors must attend a New Volunteer Training. Trainings will typically be held 4-6 times a year at either our Fairfax or Alexandria location. Additionally, there is the opportunity to meet one-on-one with an experienced volunteer mentor if desired.
Our next New Mentor/Financial Coach and Instructor Training Session will be held on:
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 10a-noon, at the Financial Empowerment Center at South County
8350 Richmond Hwy, Suite 125, Alexandria, VA 22309; RSVP to Dawn Sykes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.704.6101
***Seeking volunteers who can commit to daytime, weekday hours***
Financial Literacy Volunteer Roundtables
Finally, prospective mentors must also attend a Financial Literacy Volunteer Roundtable. New and experienced mentors and coaches share best practices, challenges and advice. Often, a guest will provide a presentation on a topic pertinent to the challenges many of our clients face. Roundtables are usually held quarterly.
The next Financial Literacy Volunteer Roundtable will be held on:
- Thursday, December 5, 2019, 6:30 – 8:00 pm, held at Britepaths, 3959 Pender Dr., Suite 200, Fairfax, VA 22030
RSVP to Carole Rogers at email@example.com or 703-273-8829, ext. 331 if you have questions or would like to attend an upcoming session.
Financial Literacy Volunteer Forms:
NOTE: Please attend a training session first before completing the following documents
- Volunteer Application Mentor/Coach/Instructor Application Form: (MS WORD) (PDF)
- Virginia Background Check: SP167 VA State Pol backgd check (PDF) (Print Page 1 only, fill out name and address at top. Britepaths will submit the form and pay for processing)
- Disclosure Statement: (MS WORD) (PDF)
- Pledge of Confidentiality: (MS WORD) (PDF)
- Photography/Video Release: (MS WORD) (PDF)
- Mentor Questionnaire (for prospective Mentors only): (MS WORD) (PDF)