Britepaths' Financial Literacy Program is possible because of the dedication of our volunteers! Volunteer positions include Financial Mentors who work one-on-one with clients for six months or more, Financial Literacy Class Instructors, Financial Planners for our Financial Counseling Clinic and professionals such as lawyers who offer pro-bono advice and counsel as needed.
Britepaths provides training, support and all the tools volunteers need to help individuals and families in the Fairfax County area better manage their finances and achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
Visit Our Table at Metro Washington Financial Planning Day! Oct. 20, 2018 View Flyer
Our Current Volunteer Needs Include:
- Financial Mentors and Bilingual Budget Class Instructors: Urgent Need for Mentors: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Coaches in Alexandria
- Financial Planners who are able to volunteer at our Financial Counseling Clinics in Alexandria
If you are interested in becoming a Financial Literacy volunteer, you must register to attend one of the following information sessions. To register, please contact Carole Rogers at email@example.com or 703.273.8829, ext. 331.
Financial Literacy Volunteer Information Sessions
Attend an Information Session to find out more about becoming a volunteer Financial Literacy Mentor or Money Smart Class Instructor. A Session will only be held if five or more potential volunteers have committed to attending, so please be sure to register if you are interested in attending. An alternative is to arrange for a workplace lunchtime training for 10 or more interested colleagues, and the Financial Literacy Program Director will come to your organization at a mutually agreeable date. This session is to determine if volunteering as an Instructor or Mentor is a good fit for you.
Our next Volunteer Information Session will be held on:
- Wednesday, October 24, 6:30-8 pm At Our NEW Office! 3959 Pender Drive, Suite 200, Fairfax, VA 22030
New Mentor Training
After attending an Information Session, prospective Mentors must also attend a New Mentor Training. Trainings will typically be held three times a year. Additionally, there is the opportunity to meet one-on-one with an experienced mentor if desired.
Our next New Mentor Training Session will be held on:
- Wednesday, November 28, 6:30-8 pm At Our NEW Office! 3959 Pender Drive, Suite 200, Fairfax, VA 22030
Finally, prospective mentors must also attend a Mentor Roundtable, but they are for both new and experienced mentors to share best practices, challenges and advice. Often, a guest will provide a presentation on a topic pertinent to the challenges many of our clients face. Roundtables are usually held quarterly.
The next Mentor Roundtables will be held on:
- Thursday, October 4, 6:30-8 pm At Our NEW Office! 3959 Pender Drive, Suite 200, Fairfax, VA 22030
- Wednesday, December 5, 6:30-8 pm
Location for Classes/Roundtables
Britepaths is Moving Effective Oct. 1!
All upcoming sessions will be at our new office:
3959 Pender Drive, Suite 200
Fairfax VA 22030
RSVP to Carole Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-273-8829, ext. 331 if you have questions or would like to attend an upcoming session.
Financial Literacy Volunteer Forms:
- Volunteer Application: Mentor/Instructor Application Form (MS WORD) (PDF)
- Virginia Background Check: SP167 VA State Pol backgd check (PDF) (Print Page 1 only, fill out name and address at top. ODB will mail in the form and pay for processing)
- Disclosure Statement: (MS WORD)
- Pledge of Confidentiality: (MS WORD)
- Mentor Questionnaire (for prospective Mentors only): (MS WORD)