Project BRIDGE combines our Food, Financial Assistance, Financial Literacy and Holiday programs and leverages community resources to assist our working-poor clients in the Fairfax County area with a goal of helping them help themselves become financailly self-sufficient. Since the needs of clients are so individualized, we believe a flexible model will help our clients achieve long-term, solid financial footing. However, a strong focus will be on job development and personal financial management.
"Life Happens! And as long as you reach out for the resources you need, and have positive people in your corner, you can get to where you need to go in a set timeframe."
– Kesha, Project BRIDGE Graduate
Our goal is to position the working client on solid footing to limit the need for public assistance. We believe that our comprehensive, supportive approach will affect meaningful change in the life of BRIDGE clients. Providing incentives during the year like our six-month and graduation bonuses and enrolling in our Workforce Incentive Program, where clients can receive up to a $500 stipend to use towards job development training or certification, will help motivate our clients toward success.
Who can participate?
The clients enrolled in our program must be working moms, have the willingness to improve their financial and living situation and are required to be dedicated to the program for twelve months, be able to meet with a financial mentor twice a month and Project Bridge Manager once a month. Clients need to be working and reside in a home in the Fairfax City area. A referral from a social worker is helpful, but not required. We are also glad to consider self-referrals.
- I Would Like to Be Considered for Admission to the Project BRIDGE Program: READ the Project BRIDGE Fact Sheet.
- I Would Like to Refer a Client to the Project BRIDGE Program: Referral Form: (MSWord) (PDF)
- Be an In-Kind Sponsor: Donate your products or services to the Project Bridge Program such as car, medical, dental or eye care.
- Donate Your Time: Share your experience and creative talents as a presenter or mentor.
Contact: Sally Meyer, Project BRIDGE Program Manager, at: email@example.com; Phone: 703.273.8829 ext. 104; Fax: 703.273.7131