Launch a Career with AWS Cloud and IT Fundamentals Training
Tuition-free training for a recognized credential. A 14-week program offered virtually, with live instruction Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm. Sessions in the late fall, late winter and spring.
*Must Be a Northern Virginia Resident*
Britepaths is working with AWS in Fairfax, VA USA to offer the AWS re/Start program virtually. A free, full-time, skills development program to help unemployed and underemployed individuals who might not otherwise have access to technical education develop the skills they need to pursue entry-level cloud roles. Britepaths helps learners gain job-specific skills, connect with employers, and embark on their cloud careers.
Through scenario-based learning, hands-on labs, and coursework, learners gain the skills they need for an entry-level cloud role. In the program, you’ll also focus on professional skills such as adaptive communication, time management, resume building, and interviewing to prepare for employer meetings and interviews. You will learn cloud computing skills and prepare for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification with free access to practice and full exams. After you graduate, Britepaths will connect you with employers and help you move into your new working life.
Learn More: Click Here for Flyer (pdf)
What is cloud computing? Watch Video to learn more
What skills will I learn? Through hands-on interactive sessions, you’ll learn technical, behavioral and mindset skills to prepare you to launch a career in the cloud.
Technical skills you’ll learn:
- How cloud computing works
- AWS Cloud skills
- How to use different programing languages
- Build skills aligned with AWS Certification – you’ll prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification
Behavior & Mindset skills you’ll learn:
- Effective communication
- Problem solving
- Time management
Interested? Take these steps to begin your journey to the cloud:
- Join an information session
- Apply – no technology experience is required; however, assessments and interviews are
- Assessment(s) and Interview
- Attend Orientation
- Class begins!
- Practice and polish employment skills (resume, interview, networking
- Advance your career!
- Authorization to work in USA
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Resident of Northern Virginia including Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties, Cities of Alexandria and Fairfax, and Towns of Clifton, Herndon, and Vienna
- Are you unemployed or under-employed, or can you demonstrate financial need?
- Access to a computer and the internet (Britepaths has limited laptops available to borrow)
- Responsible in attending class Monday – Friday, 9am-3pm, for 14 weeks
- Committed to learning new skills and finding employment
Click Here and complete an Interest Form. We will be in touch in early March 2022 with next steps, which will include attending a mandatory information session.