Britepaths' Food Assistance Programs provide emergency and short-term food assistance to Fairfax County area residents who are struggling to make ends meet – helping them bridge the gap until they can recover from a crisis.
Note, Oct. 2021: Our pantry is low on several food and supplies! Click Here for details. Fairfax County Residents in need of Food assistance should contact Coordinated Services Planning at 703.222.0880. Outside of the Fairfax County social services area, dial 2-1-1 for information.
Help Our Neighbors:
- Donate to Help Hungry Families
- Be a Supporting Organization
- Learn About Our Food4Thought Program
- Learn About Our Daily Veggies
If you or your organization can support our Food Bridge Program, contact Mila Cobos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.273.8829.
Thank You to Our Grantors!
Britepaths' Food Bridge Program is Made Possible By:
- American Legion Post 177 Fairfax
- Church of the Holy Comforter
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of America
- Fairfax County Community Funding Pool
- Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation
- Giant Food Oakton/Vienna Little League
- Good Shepherd Catholic Church Shepherd's Gate Grant
- Junior League of Washington
- MAXIMUS Foundation
- Rustic Love Vienna
- Vienna Presbyterian Church
- Vienna Little League/Giant Food Oakton MVP Award
- Our Food Bridge Supporting Organizations
Under normal circumstances, our Food Assistance Programs utilize donations of grocery store gift cards as well as non-perishable food and supplies for our pantry. During COVID-19, we are using donated funds and grants to mail grocery store gift cards to our clients. We are grateful to our COVID-19 Grantors for helping us offer emergency food assistance to many more families to help them get through this especially difficult time.
Our Food Bridge Supporting Organizations make it possible to deliver our services to 30 families every two weeks, and making it possible to continue this assistance during COVID-19. These faith communities, businesses and community groups sign up for a Sunday or two during the year. Normally, they collect and deliver either grocery gift cards or non-perishable food items and supplies to our Food Bridge clients. During COVID-19, they are providing funds to Britepaths to mail grocery store gift cards or mailing gift cards themselves. We have an ongoing need for Food Bridge Supporting Organizations and welcome new organizations to get involved.
Britepaths is a founding member of the Fairfax Food Council, and we support community initiatives to make healthy food available to all.