Event Planning Committee Member
Britepaths is seeking 5-7 energetic, dependable, flexible volunteers to serve on our Event Planning Committee for our Artful Living event on the evening of May 19, 2022 at the Country Club of Fairfax.
A brief outline of the types of volunteer duties involved is summarized below. Tasks would be divvied up among volunteers based on their interests and availability. Volunteers will work with the Development Director, Outreach Manager and other staff. The committee will develop a virtual meeting schedule for regular check-ins.
Possible Tasks Committee Members May Choose
- Promote the Call for Art by helping identify and communicate with local artists.
- Locate event sponsorships, in-kind donations, auction donations.
- Serve as liaison with vendors and supporting businesses on event-related matters.
- Procure décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.), seeking in-kind donations whenever possible.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Promote the Event by identifying and posting on relevant websites, online calendars, social media and other relevant outlets.
- Assist with managing set-up, on-site production and clean-up for day of event.
- Manage signage, print materials, auction displays, registration lists, nametags, etc.
- Other tasks as identified by the Committee.
Contact Sidney Arrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.273.8829 to volunteer or learn more.
Britepaths’ mission is to provide our neighbors in need with short-term safety-net services and empower them to work toward long-term self-sufficiency. Click Here to learn more about our work in Northern Virginia.