Coronavirus Response: Britepaths and Financial Empowerment Center at South County's Offices are Closed to the Public. While many of our services have continued virtually, we are not currently collecting donated items such as food, pantry donations or Food4Thought packs.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Britepaths! We currently have a few virtual/non-contact volunteer needs listed below. We expect to add more volunteer opportunities in the fall, so please check back.
We are still working hard to provide Stability and Resilience services to our families and Supports for Children. The best way to support our work right now is to help your friends and family learn about us and our work in the community. Share our messages and note your support:
- Follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Subscribe to receive email updates: Click Here
Questions? Please contact Shefali Ryan at 703.273.8829 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Back to School Assistance: Help Us Spread the Word! Britepaths is seeking financial donations to help 2,500 local students in need be ready to learn whether their school is in person or online. Sharing our posts or information is a great way to help our kids. Click Here for Sharing Tools.
- Network Up Short-Term Career Mentoring for under- or un-employeed adults. Professionals with a network in Northern Virginia/DC Metor area needed to serve as Mentors. This opportunity normally involves meeting in person, but can be done via video conferencing during COVID-19. Click Here for details. Contact Jill Beres at email@example.com to learn more.
- Food Bridge Supporting Organizations (for a company or group). Normally, our Supporting Organizations sign up for a Sunday or two on our Delivery Calendar and either send grocery store gift cards to up to 30 families or deliver them a combination of gift cards and food/supplies. During COVID-19, Supporting Organizations are mailing grocery gift cards to our clients or donating funds to Britepaths so we can purchase or mail gift cards. We still have MANY holes in our calendar for the remainder of the year. Click Here for details. Contact Christina Garris at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.