We love our volunteers! In fact, we couldn't do everything we do for our neighbors in need without you.
In 2018, 934 volunteers gave 10,410 hours of their time to support our work, and there is still much more to be done! There are many ways to volunteer with us in both short-term and long-term capacities. Below are some suggestions and immediate needs, but we welcome community members to share their expertise with us or propose projects they would like to undertake to help our families. Please note that in many cases, we conduct a brief and routine background check before volunteers begin working for us.
- Volunteer Inquiries: Please contact Julie Hielen at 703.273.8829 or email@example.com with questions about volunteering for Britepaths.
- Volunteer Application: For most of our volunteer opportunities, please fill out and return our
General Volunteer Application Form (MS Word) (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 703.273.7131
Financial Literacy Volunteers: CLICK HERE for forms and information.
Network Up Mentors: CLICK HERE for form and information.
- Youth Opportunities: Many youth-friendly opportunities are noted below. CLICK HERE to view our Youth Volunteer Opportunities page for suggestions.
Get Email Updates! Our monthly e-Pathfinder lists current opportunities and other Britepaths news. CLICK HERE to sign up.
- Venture Into Volunteering Information Table, 10/2: Help us get out the word to local volunteers at the Venture Into Volunteering fair at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly on October 2. 10a-Noon or Noon-2p. Sign Up Here
- Fall for Fairfax Information Table, 10/5-6: Britepaths needs volunteers on Oct. 5 & 6 to staff our information table at Fall for Fairfax KidsFest at the Fairfax County Government Center. Youth Friendly, must have person 18+ on each shift. Sign Up Here
- Fairfax City Fall Festival Beer Garden, 10/12: We need many volunteers age 21 or older to help run the Beer Garden at the Late Night Concert at City of Fairfax's Fall Festival in Old Town Fairfax City. Britepaths will receive a percentage of sales and any tips that patrons offer. Shifts between 5p and 9p. Sign Up Here
- Event Planning Committee Help us plan and conduct one or more of our three annual events.
- Network Up Short-Term Career Mentoring for under- or un-employeed adults. Professionals needed to serve as Mentors.
- Financial Literacy Volunteers, Greatest need is for volunteer Financial Mentors and Coaches for Adults. Instructors and Financial Counselors also welcome. Learn More. Email email@example.com if you're interested in becoming a mentor.
- Volunteer Needs at the Financial Empowerment Center in Alexandria: Financial Coaches, Office Assistants, Community Ambassadors
- Run a Food Bridge Donation Drive (Youth and Group Friendly)
- Food Collection and Delivery Groups (Group Project Only)
- Assemble Food4Thought Weekend Food Packs for Kids in Need (Youth and Group Friendly)
Does your company offer "Volunteer Grants"? Volunteer grant programs, also known as “Dollars for Doers” programs, are corporate giving programs created to encourage volunteerism in communities where employees live and work. Through these programs, companies provide monetary grants to organizations where employees volunteer regularly.
Check here to see if your company has a program: