Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Britepaths! The success of our programs relies heavily on volunteer support. In 2020, 362 volunteers served 6,227 hours to assist our staff and provide mentoring, training and other supports to our families. Their time is valued at $266,992.
Due to COVID-19, we are not able to offer many of our traditional volunteer opportunities, and some of them have been modified to conform with safety protocols.
We are still working hard to provide Stability and Resilience services to our families and Supports for Children. In addition to the opportunities below, a great way to support our work right now is to help your friends and family learn about us and our work in the community. Share our messages and note your support:
- Follow us and share our messages on social media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Subscribe to receive email updates: Click Here
Questions? Please contact Dorothy Altmiller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.273.8829.
Learn More About Our Work! Click Here to view our virtual Town Halls.
- Pantry Donations Welcome Again! See our Food Donation page for details.
- Event Planning Committee Volunteers We're seeking volunteers to help us prepare for our Artful Living event on October 22. Click Here for details. Contact Dorothy Altmiller at email@example.com or 703.273.8829 to learn more.
- Network Up Short-Term Career Mentoring for under- or un-employed adults. Professionals with a network in Northern Virginia/DC Metro area needed to serve as Mentors. This opportunity normally involves meeting in person, but can be done via video conferencing during COVID-19. Click Here for details. Contact Sally Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Service Project: Food4Thought Weekend Food Packs Some of our Food4Thought FCPS Partner Schools have resumed accepting food donations for their students. Assembling Weekend Food Packs is a great volunteer project. Requires collecting/donating the items that go in the packs. Click Here for details. Contact Dorothy Altmiller at email@example.com.
- Service Project: Food Gift Card Drive Through your neighborhood, business or community group, collect grocery store gift cards that will go directly to families who are struggling due to the pandemic. Click Here for details.
- Food Bridge Supporting Organizations (for a company or group). Normally, our Supporting Organizations sign up for a Sunday or two on our Delivery Calendar and either send grocery store gift cards to up to 30 families or deliver them a combination of gift cards and food/supplies. During COVID-19, Supporting Organizations are mailing grocery gift cards to our clients or donating funds to Britepaths so we can purchase or mail gift cards. We still have MANY holes in our calendar for this year. Click Here for details. Contact Christina Garris at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.