We love our volunteers! In fact, we couldn't do everything we do for our neighbors in need without you. In 2018, 934 volunteers gave 10,410 hours of their time to support our work, and there is still much more to be done! There are many ways to volunteer with us in both short-term and long-term capacities. Below are some suggestions and immediate needs, but we welcome community members to share their expertise with us or propose projects they would like to undertake to help our families. Please note that in many cases, we conduct a brief and routine background check before volunteers begin working for us.
- Volunteer Inquiries: Please contact 703.273.8829 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about volunteering for Britepaths.
- Volunteer Application: For most of our volunteer opportunities, please fill out and return our
General Volunteer Application Form (MS Word) (PDF) to email@example.com or fax to 703.273.7131.
Financial Literacy Volunteers: CLICK HERE for forms and information.
Network Up Mentors: CLICK HERE for form and information.
- Youth Opportunities: Many youth-friendly opportunities are noted below. CLICK HERE to view our Youth Volunteer Opportunities page for suggestions.
Get Email Updates! Our monthly e-Pathfinder lists current opportunities and other Britepaths news. CLICK HERE to sign up.
NOTE: We've MOVED! As of October 1, 2018, Britepaths is now located at: 3959 Pender Dr., Ste. 200, Fairfax, VA 22030. CLICK HERE for info.
- Artful Living Event Volunteers, 5/2:
Britepaths' Artful Living event on the evening of Thursday, May 2, is one of our two signature annual community events. Your volunteer support before, during and after the event will help make the evening a success, and play an important role in our work to help our Fairfax County area neighbors who are struggling move from a place of need to true financial self-sufficiency. There are many ways to help. Volunteers must be 16 years and older. ****NOTE: There is a MANDATORY Volunteer Training on Saturday, April 27th at 10 am.
- Flyer Distribution. We need our flyers and posters put up in the Community to spread the word about our classes and our upcoming Artful Living: Thrive event on May 2, 2019, or to publicize our Financial Literacy classes and clinics. You will need to pick up the flyers and posters from our office. If you have an hour or two to spare, please sign up here: Artful Living Posters; Financial Literacy Flyers (Youth Friendly)
- Financial Literacy Volunteers, Greatest need is for volunteer Financial Mentors and Coaches for Adults. Instructors and Financial Counselors also welcome. Learn More. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in becoming a mentor.
- Volunteer Needs at the Financial Empowerment Center in Alexandria: Financial Coaches, Office Assistants, Community Ambassadors
- Run a Food Bridge Donation Drive (Youth and Group Friendly)
- Food Collection and Delivery Groups (Group Project Only)
- Network Up Short-Term Career Mentoring for under- or un-employeed adults. Professionals needed to serve as Mentors.
- Assemble Food4Thought Weekend Food Packs for Kids in Need (Youth and Group Friendly)
Does your company offer "Volunteer Grants"? Volunteer grant programs, also known as “Dollars for Doers” programs, are corporate giving programs created to encourage volunteerism in communities where employees live and work. Through these programs, companies provide monetary grants to organizations where employees volunteer regularly.
Check here to see if your company has a program: