Data and Information Technology Expert Volunteer
The Data and Information Technology Expert Volunteer will be responsible for assisting various program managers at Britepaths. Main duties will consist of data entry, computer/information technology skills and miscellaneous administrative projects.
Time commitment: 4 hours, 10am-2pm, once a week
- Must have a desire to learn how to work in a goal and team-oriented environment and an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, take initiative, have good organizational and planning skills, and work easily with others.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, including not only the basic capabilities but also the creation and troubleshooting of macros, creation and use of Pivot Tables, and studying existing complex Excel spreadsheets to understand their workings and make necessary modifications.
- Experience with the use (not necessarily design) of database technology such as MySQL, Access, Microsoft SQL, etc. Britepaths uses CiviCRM, a database focused on the requirements of nonprofit organizations, and this volunteer position would require frequent and detailed interactions with the CiviCRM database. While experience with CiviCRM would be ideal, it is not considered likely due to its specialized market. Therefore, experience with using other databases would provide a sound basis for learning how to use CiviCRM.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite (in addition to Excel discussed above) to assist in the creation and update of various Microsoft Office documents. This may include Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Familiarity with the creation and updating of Google Forms, including the use of Add-Ons
- Attention to detail and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
If you are interested in becoming a Data and Information Technology Expert Volunteer or learning more, contact email@example.com or 703.273.8829.
Please Fill Out Our Volunteer Application in advance!