Launch a Career with Google IT Support Professional & CompTIA A+
Free training for a recognized industry credential. A five-month program offered virtually to qualified Northern Virginia residents with daily live check-ins with instructor. Must be available Monday-Friday, 9am-3pm. Sessions in the late fall, late winter/ spring.
Britepaths and the Financial Empowerment Center at South County offer our Google IT & CompTIA A+ training course for free to help unemployed and underemployed individuals who might not otherwise have access to technical education to develop the skills they need to pursue entry-level IT roles.
We help learners gain job-specific skills, connect with employers, and embark on their IT careers. After you graduate, Britepaths will make every effort to connect you with employers and help you move into your new career, but no guarantees.
What skills will I learn?
Google IT Support Professional Certification program:
Using Coursera, with supplemental material, you will learn:
- Technical Support Fundamentals
- Computer Networking
- Operating Systems
- System Administration
- IT Security
Must complete all 5 courses, 54 assignments and pass course exams to obtain Google IT Support Professional certification.
Build on skills learned in Google IT Support. Additional book and exam vouchers for Part A and Part B included. You will learn:
- How to perform day-to-day IT support tasks, including building computers from scratch, working with operating systems, and setting up networks.
- How to provide customer support and solve computer-related problems with hardware and software.
- How computers and operating systems work.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems with networking, operating systems, mobile devices, and security.
Interested? Take these steps to begin your journey:
- Complete Interest Survey: Click Here
- Attend a mandatory information session
- Complete assessments
- 1:1 interview
- Class begins!
- Practice and polish employment skills (resume, interview, networking)
- Advance your career!
*Must Be a Northern Virginia Resident*
- Authorization to work in USA
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED; No Master's
- Resident of Northern Virginia including Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William Counties, Cities of Alexandria and
- Fairfax, and Towns of Clifton, Herndon, and Vienna
- Are you unemployed or under-employed, or can you demonstrate financial need?
- Access to a computer and the internet (Britepaths has limited laptops available to borrow)
- Responsible in attending class Monday – Friday, 9am-3pm, for 14 weeks
- Committed to learning new skills and finding employment
Seeking NVA IT Partner Companies!
Our Avenues to Career Training-IT program is seeking to partner with Northern Virginia companies that might be interested in hiring our certified program graduates. Click Here to learn more.