Financial Assistance Volunteer
Britepaths is seeking Financial Assistance volunteers to help us distribute our Financial Assistance funds to assist local families in need with rent, utilities and other basic needs so they can stay in their homes while they work through a crisis. This is an at-home volunteer opportunity and largely conducted through email and online forms. Britepaths pays the landlord or vendor directly in consultation with Fairfax County social workers. Volunteers’ main interactions are with social workers and Britepaths’ staff and volunteers.
Volunteer will work with referrals from Fairfax County’s Coordinated Services Planning (CSP). CSP is the overarching Fairfax County agency which funnels requests from clients to the appropriate governmental and non-governmental services. CSP social workers professionally screen clients for eligibility.
Once eligibility and amounts have been determined, the volunteer will accept referrals. Complete all administrative tasks related to funding the financial assistance grants, including the necessary communications and database management. Follow the established budget provided by the program manager.
The volunteer will handle referrals received on a designated day of the week from Monday through Friday, 10 –2 PM. Referrals are received on the assigned day and should be responded to as soon as possible. Volunteer must be available 2-4 days a month.
• Assess each referral for eligibility
• Determine which referral is best suited for funding
• Communicate with all social workers regarding the status of their referral
• Upload referral information into Civi (Britepaths database)
• Follow up on funded referrals and complete all required steps within Civi
• Communicate to CSP when funds have been committed
• Report the number of referrals received and funded each day to the Financial Programs Manager
Skills and Abilities:
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Previous experience working with a database
• Experience using email
• Comfortable making challenging decisions
• Be reliable and have the ability to work independently
If you are interested in becoming a Financial Assistance Volunteer or learning more, contact Diana Ortega at email@example.com, or 703.273.8829.